bet's adventure through a viewfinder.

Friday, May 1, 2009

A Taste of Europe

Final entry of Europe for now. The trip took 6 weeks. Blogging took 10 months to complete.. I am the definition of inefficiency (and/or lazy).

Since I like to eat, the final entry will be dedicated to food. But as most people know, I’m quite impatient when it comes to food photography, because I’m more interested in eating it while it’s hot. Please forgive the terrible white balance, exposure, focusing, composition ..

Part I:  A taste of Denmark! Traditional Danish pastries and smørrebrød (open faced sandwiches). A pizza sandwich from my favorite pizza place in Copenhagen, and a savory crepe from a side street.

 

Part II:  A Taste of Belgium!

From Brussels: Waffles, Mussels + Fries + Beer, A traditional beef stew in wine sauce.

From Bruges:  A traditional dinner (baked seafood stew) with Mort Subite (“Sudden Death”) Raspberry Kriek (Belgian fruit beer) and a complimentary appetizer. Shrimp croquette for lunch.

 

Part III: A meal from Amsterdam. Was hanging out with people mostly.. didn’t get to eat specialty items too much. An eggplant pastry dish with salad.

 

Part IV: A Taste of Germany!  Currywurst, the new best-selling snack in Berlin, is a chopped up wiener with curry powder (plus a piece of bread). Traditional pork knuckle and pork chop (tastes and looks like Chinese roasted pork). And another pork-based dish that is actually kind of “hollow” ..

 

The best thing about travelling alone is you get to eat what you want, when you want, and spend whatever you want on food.  The worst thing about travelling alone is.. eating alone.  I hope my next adventure will be shared with someone who loves to eat just as much as I do.  :)

No comments: