bet's adventure through a viewfinder.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Roskilde

As much as I want to keep the pictures of Amager Strand up on top, it's time to move onto a new post before I lose the motivation to keep posting.

Roskilde is a small town in Denmark about 20 minutes away by train from Copenhagen, most famous for its Roskilde Music Festival which takes place in July every year. Like other town/cities, it has a pedestrian street, a famous cathedral (Roskilde Cathedral), and some sort of touristy palace (Roskilde Palace- they're not so original with their names). One unique tourist attraction here is the Viking Museum which was quite worth my daytrip.

Replicas of Viking boats parked at the harbor outside the museum. You can actually join a boat tour to row in these things! Cool. And yes this was what the ship was alluding to in my previous post.





Colorful, characteristic houses of Denmark can be seen in Roskilde too. The picture on the left shows Denmark's sporadic weather: 5 minutes ago there was still a thunderstorm, and in a blink it cleared up. That's why the road is still wet from the downpour, while the sky has already rid of all evidence that it has ever rained..







Roskilde Palace, supposedly an example of baroque style architecture.. I soon found out that I'll see a lot more of this style in my little adventure.





No comments: